General Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are the general guidelines by which The Big C Athletic Club operates its business for the benefit of its members and guests:
- All Members, dependents, and guests are required to check in each time they use Club and present a valid Membership card.
- The Membership card issued to Member is for the sole use of the Member whose name or bar code appears on the card. Member is required to submit to a photograph or other form of identification. It must be presented to Club for identification and check-in prior to using any of Club’s facilities. Unauthorized use of the card or ID by persons other than the Member to which it has been issued may result in suspension or termination of the membership. It is the responsibility of the Member to report any lost card or ID immediately. A replacement fee will be charged by Club and the Member agrees to pay, for each replacement card or ID issued in the event that it is lost, stolen, or mutilated.
- Guests may use Club when referred by a Member and must register with Club each time they use Club. Club may charge a guest fee each time a guest uses Club, and guest fees may be charged to member’s account. Guest privileges are subject to space, availability, and age restrictions. Club reserves the right to limit the number of guests and the number of times a particular guest may use Club’s facilities. Any complimentary guest privileges are limited to once per calendar year.
- Members are responsible for the attire and conduct of their guests.
- The Big C is an adult facility, and no children are allowed on the premises except at specifically designated times and places. All guests must be at least 18 years of age (16 if accompanied by a parent who is a member) and must provide proof of age upon request or they will not be permitted to use any of the facilities or services of Club. Dependents 12 – 17 years old are permitted to use the facilities complimentary on Saturdays and Sundays only. Despite parental supervision, there is a substantial risk of severe injury– and even death –for youngsters using facilities and equipment that are specifically designed for adults. Members are asked not to misrepresent the age of their children for the purpose of using Club’s facilities and not to be offended if asked to provide a birth certificate or other proof of age for your minor children. Please do not ask us to make exceptions.
- All participants using Club must wear proper attire. All Members and guests must wear shirt and shoes in all public and recreational areas. Attire must conform in every case to Club standards of decency and safety, and clothing which is unacceptable in the opinion of Club management may be prohibited with the decision of Club management prevailing in any event. Members and guests must wear proper footwear on all hardwood floors. Street shoes are not appropriate for hardwood floors or in the work out areas. Dark soled shoes are expressly forbidden on hardwood floors. Cotton clothing is not allowed in the pools.
- Club management may prohibit the use of any equipment brought in by Members or guests whom it feels might be potentially dangerous or destructive or injurious to the facility or to its Members.
- Member must pay for any damages to Club property caused by Member, Member’s guest or dependent children.
- Loud and/or profane language or disruptive noise is prohibited anywhere on the premises.
- The use of cell phones is expressly prohibited except in designated areas. Please be courteous to your fellow members by turning off your cell phone while exercising or adjusting it to mute and conducting your cell phone conversations in designated cell phone zones only.
- Members may apply for a Membership Freeze or Medical Hold for a maximum of three months. Medical Hold request must be accompanied by a doctor’s note with specified length of Medical Hold. Members must complete a Membership Change Form and must provide full payment of any outstanding account balance. The dues of a Member on an approved Freeze or Medical Hold may be reduced. Dues will automatically resume at the end date of the Freeze or Medical Hold.
- Daily lockers are available on a per visit basis only, and Members and guests are requested to bring their own locks. Locks left on overnight will be removed.
- Complimentary towel service is available at the Club. Towels must be returned before leaving.
- Club is not responsible or liable to Members or their guests for articles damaged, lost or stolen in or about Club, or in lockers, or for loss or damage to any property including but not limited to, automobiles and the contents thereof. Members and their guests should not store any valuable items in lockers and should use the lockers solely for temporary clothing storage. Club and/or its employees or agents are not bailees and are not permitted to hold or protect the valuables of Members or guests. Designated safe deposit boxes are available to Members and guests.
- Club reserves the right to take photographs and video tapes of members, produce slides, and film Club activities and use these for Club promotion and advertising.
- Operational hours will be posted or identified on the premises of Club. The hours of operation may change at any time at the sole discretion of Club management. All Members should terminate activities at least 15 minutes before closing time. The Club reserves the right to close or alter the hours of operation at any time.
- Club reserves the right to change from time to time the particular facilities and services offered by Club which will be used by Members, the days and hours during which such facilities and services shall be available to Members, and the equipment and services which shall be available to Members at Club.
- Club may amend the preceding rules and regulations or policies from time to time. Additionally, Club may adopt other rules, regulations, or policies not otherwise covered. All Members and guests agree to comply with such rules, regulations, or policies.